Thursday, August 12, 2010

Be Careful if Someoned Asked you to ShutDown your Phone

From someone who had a bad encountered experience :

I cannot stop myself from sharing this with all of you.
Its all started when I received a call from someone claimed that he was Maxis asking me to shutdown phone for 2 hours for 3g update to take place.
As I was rushing for a meeting, I did not question any shutdown my cell phone.
After 45 minutes I feel very suspicious since the caller did not even introduce his name.
I quickly turned on back my cell phone back and I received several numbers of call; few numbers from my family members and the other numbers was from the number that call me before; 3954380.
I called my parents and I was shocked that they sounded very worry asking me whether I am safe.
My parents told me that they received a call from someone claimed that they have me with them and asking for money to let me free.
The call was so real and my parents even heard my voice crying out loud asking for help.
My parent was at the bank waiting for next call to proceed for money transfer.
I told my parents that I am safe and asking them to lodge a police report.
Right after that I received again call from the guy asking me to shutdown my cell phone for another 1 hour which this time I refused to do so and hung up.
They keep calling my cell phone until the battery run down.

I myself lodge a police report and was informed by the officer that this kind of scam always reported.
MOST of the cases reported that the victim already transferred the money!
And it is impossible to get back the money.
Bank can only returned back the money if the owners of the account agree to do so or there is a court order.
Guys, be careful that this kind of scam might happened to any.!!!
Those guys are so professional and very convincing during calls.
If you asked to shutdown your cell phone for updates by the service provider, ASK AROUND! Your friend should receive the same call.
Any Customer Service should introduce their NAME AT THE BEGINNING of the call.
Ignore them if you don't get a name at the beginning of the call.

If you received instructions from unrecognized number/person that you are not sure, make your own judgment.


The BEST is DO NOT RESPONSE
If you cannot pickup your loved one's call, DO GIVE A CALLBACK immediately!
Update your loved one with ALTERNATE CONTACT wherever you are.
If you think you are SMART that you cannot be cheated, You are wrong!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...